I’ve finally gotten around to giving it another go, but I may have gotten a little overly ambitious with a gingerbread stout recipe I found online. The brewing process seemed to go fine, but there were A LOT of ingredients, and while bottling, the siphon kept getting clogged up with the molasses and ginger. It only ended up filling five, 16-oz bottles, two fewer than last time.
Despite the struggles, I’m not ready to call it a failure, because if the beers I did make taste as good as I hope, it’ll all be worth it. Even if they don’t, it was a good learning process and I’ll be ready for the next batch.